- Each team’s roster must consist of at least 6 players. Two substitutes are permitted on the roster. Teams can only be a maximum of 8 players. Please refer to the overall Rules and Guidelines for the terms and conditions regarding substitute players.
- Teams must designate a Team Captain before the beginning of the tournament. The Team Captain will be a primary contact for communication with Admins. Captains will be the primary contact for all prizing.
- All matches should be played on the European server, which can be selected in the Blizzard Launcher.
- Players should use their personal Blizzard account with Overwatch activated on the account. The names you sign up with on Battlefy must match that of your Blizzard account you are using to play. If there is a difference the main Admin MUST be contacted before the games begin.
- Four map series – with a tiebreaker played if required.
- Teams will play 3-4 matches against each other on three-four competitive maps selected by the Admins.
- The declared winner of each match will be the team that has won either at least three maps or won two maps and the tiebreaker.
Each Game-Mode will have pre-allocated maps as deemed fit by Tournament Officials, with two maps per Game-Mode. For example:
Control / Escort / Assault / Hybrid
- Control – Busan / Nepal
- Escort – Dorado / Route 66
- Assault – Hanamura / Volskaya Industries
- Hybrid – Blizzard World / Numbani
- Tiebreaker maps: Ilios tiebreaker #1, Oasis tiebreaker #2
Please check the Tournament itself for the maps being used.
- Heroes that have been either released or reworked have a blanket ban established until they are officially in Competitive play, and will be restricted from use in the tournament for that time.
- Players will be informed in advance should any new restrictions come into place regarding Heroes or skin restrictions.
- Restrictions may be added at any time before or during a match, if there are known bugs with any maps, Heroes, skins or for any other reason as determined at the discretion of the Admins.
Custom Match Settings
- Presets: Competitive
- Modes, All: Kill Cam Disabled
- Modes, All: Skins Disabled
- Modes, All: Game Mode Start – Manual
- Lobby: Max Spectators 0 (unless spectators have been permitted by both Team Captains in writing before start of play)
- Heroes, Hero Roster: Disable any heroes not currently available in Competitive Play
- “Invite Only” must be selected within the Custom Game Lobby.
- Name the Teams with their official titles
- Sprays, Emotes, and Golden Guns are allowed.
Starting a Match (First map only)
- Left team: Responsible for picking the map and hosting the lobby.
- Right team: Responsible for choosing the side they want to play on. (attack, defend, red, blue, etc.)
- Team Captains set up ‘Moderator Pause’ which is Options, Controls, Moderator – Pause Game
After the First Map
- Losing team of each map picks and hosts a subsequent map, the winning team picks a side
- Maps are removed from the available pool after being played once
- Each team has the right to pause the game for a short duration if a player announces it at least three seconds in advance and calls a coherent reason.
- The game must not be resumed before both teams agree with it.
- A team is seen to agree when any one of the players from that team states that they are ready.
- The absolute longest a game can be paused is 10 minutes, at which point the game MUST be resumed, except at the discretion of the Admins
- All Admin decisions are final.
- Tournament Organisers and Admins reserve the right to change, add, remove or amend any rules at any time.
- Please check the Rules & Guidelines page for more information